Saturday, January 17, 2015

Damask Divas Valentine Blog Hop


Hi! Welcome to the Damask Divas Valentine's Day Blog Hop!  If you came here from Tracy's Blog, then you are in the right place!  If you hopped here by chance, be sure to check out the full list of participants at the Damask Divas Blog.  You'll find all sorts of inspiration for the "season of love." 

For my project, I used the Cricut Artfully Sent cartridge and made a card for my husband.  This cartridge makes it so easy to put a card together that really has your own touch.  Simply cut out the card, adhere various papers behind the cut-outs, add your embellishments and you're done! If you didn't notice, in my doodling around the card edge, I actually added "love" as part of my doodling.  I also love that they are a full 5x7 inch.  

The card base is found on page 35 of the cartridge booklet (sleeve+Shift+b) and was cut at 7 inches.
For the inside, from the same page, I cut the sentiment (sentiment+b) at 5 inches, then I cut it apart to piece the inside  (I wanted a full piece to cover the papers behind the hearts). 



Washi-tape makes it simple to add that extra touch.  The small heart on the inside left is one of the cutouts from the card front that I covered with washi tape.

Close To My Heart products used:

Cricut Artfully Sent cartridge
Heartstrings paper pack
White Daisy card stock
Hollyhock card stock
"You're the Bomb" stamp set  ($3 of proceeds from this stamp sale is donated to Operation Smile)
Exclusive Inks - Black, Lagoon, Hollyhock
Lagoon Hearts Washi Tape
Gold Sequins Assortment
Black Journaling Pen
Foam Tape & adhesive of choice


Thanks for stopping by to check out my project!  
Find these products and more on my website

Your NEXT STOP is MICHELLE

2 comments:

  1. Jamie, this is SIMPLY irresistible! I adore those doodles around the edges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It looks gorgeous and even though I know how easy the Artfully Sent cards are to make, I could totally believe that you'd spent countless hours creating it! ;) You did a fabulous job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete